Horse betting tips and racing picks
Overview of horse betting tips
A dozen tips and racing tricks from seasoned betting enthusiasts. Know unknown facts as, why you should not bet on horses which are heavily glorified; or what type of horses to bet on a muddy track.
Here are some horse betting tips and tricks, and racing picks from seasoned betting enthusiasts.
- Avoid betting on horses that have never won a race before
- Avoid betting on a horse that has just moved up in class
- Avoid betting on horses which are too heavy. Go for the ones that have a decent chance of winning
- Avoid betting on horses which are too glorified. They have a good chance of winning, but since most people will bet on that horse, you will not win much money, if the horse wins
- Prefer quick starters on a slow, muddy track. Quick starters generally get advantage on muddy, slow tracks
- Do not bet on each and every race - be selective about betting
- Bet on a horse, which is heavily backed just a few minutes before the race. It is an indication, that the horse has a decent chance of winning, but very few are aware of that.
- Bet on horses that have run recently. Horses that have not run in a few weeks, indicate they have some injuries or illness.
- Prefer a horse with an experienced jockey
- Set aside some money from your main finances for betting, if you want to continue in the long run
- To win long term at racing you need good selections and you need to have good odds
- Set a certain limit each day, if you loose that amount then stop betting
- Take a close look at former statistics, taking in account the weather, the former results
- Don’t forget to check if there are similar circumstances for the horses like length of the race compared to previous races
- Have a strategy and stick to your plans, for example not betting on outsiders or only placing win bets etc.
- Always look at the odds, if your favorite horse only pays €11 for a €10 bet, think again if it is worth the risk - so don’t forget the risk / reward ratio
- Do not lose enthusiasm if you lose. Remember, 90% regular betting fans are long term losers.